Best Friends Preschool & Infant/Toddler Care
Effective: July 1, 2016
INFANT CHILD CARE:
Ages 3 months to 12 months
Half Day: 7:30 am - 1:00 pm
TODDLER CHILD CARE:
Ages 13 months to 3 years of age
Half Day: 7:30 am to 1:00 pm
PRESCHOOL CHILD CARE:
Ages 3 to 5 years of age
Half Day 7:30 am to 1:00 pm
EARLY INTERVENTION PROGRAM CHILDREN USING DAY CARE
|a. Extended Day Program:
11:30 pm up to 5:30 pm (after EIP)b. Non-EIP Days:
Late morning/early afternoon:
Discount of 10% will be given to oldest child’s fee if more than one child from the same family enroll.
Employee discount for new applicants will be 20% off the oldest child’s tuition, if payment is made through payroll deduction. (No family discount is available to employees not exercising this option.)
ADDITIONAL CHILD CARE
- Parents of enrolled children may request additional hours or days on occasion. If there is space available, and the extra care is approved, the fee is $10.00 per hour for up to five hours and a half hours and $75 for the day if more than five hours is requested.
- On days when day care is open but no EI is provided per Blossom Philadelphia calendar, non-EIP day rates will apply for EI children @ $35/half day and $60/day.
- Deposits, due with the application, will be $150. If an Infant Room placement is requested that will require Blossom Philadelphia Best Friends to maintain a vacant spot for one month or more, a full month’s tuition will be due as well. These deposits will continue to be credited to tuition once the child starts, but remain non-refundable if the child does not enroll as scheduled.
- Children who receive day care need to be picked up by 5:30 PM. Late fees will be charged as follows:
- $ 25 for 5-15 minutes beyond the scheduled pick up time.
- $ 50 for 16-29 minutes beyond the scheduled pick up time.
- $ 75 for 30 minutes or more beyond the scheduled pick up time.
These charges are for the first late pick-up during a 4 week period. Re-occurrence will incur a doubling of the charge. Abuse of late pick-up (i.e., more than two times in a month) will be reason to re-evaluate the need for service and can result in termination of service.
- Children who are receiving early intervention services only must be picked up by 11:30 am and children who are only registered for half day care, must be picked up at 1:00 PM. Late fees will be charged as follows:
- $7 for 5-15 minutes beyond the scheduled pick up time.
- $14 for 16-29 minutes beyond the scheduled pick up time.
- $21 for 30 minutes or more beyond the scheduled pick-up time.
These charges are for the first late pick-up during a 4 week period. Re-occurrence will incur a doubling of the charge. Abuse of late pick-up (i.e., more than two times in a month) will be reason to reevaluate the need for service and can result in termination of service.
- Payment is due by the 10th of the month for which payment is being made - Payments received after the 10th will be subject to a $15 late fee on the next invoice.
- An additional $25 fee will be charged for any checks returned for “non-sufficient funds.”
- Some field trips require an admission fee; parents will be informed of these costs prior to the trip.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Monthly tuition fees and a permanent weekly schedule are determined at the time of enrollment and recorded on the last page of the Fee Schedule and Agreement. Each child’s parent or guardian and the director of Children’s Services sign the Fee Schedule and Agreement. This is a fixed rate and schedule, regardless of holidays, vacations, snow days or sick days that may occur. Any changes to your child’s schedule will require written notification by the 21st of the month prior. Without written notification by the 21st of the month prior, you will remain responsible for the tuition on the current fee agreement. A request for termination of services must be received in writing 30 days prior. Without a request for termination in writing 30 days prior, you will be responsible for all tuition based on the current fee agreement.
- Tuition is subject to change on July 1 of each year. The prevailing rate shall be paid regardless of the completion of a revised Fee Schedule and Agreement which is mandatory every 6 months.
- Additional, occasional day care hours must be arranged with your child’s teacher and approved by the director or the education coordinator. An “additional hours of daycare” form must be completed and signed by staff indicating their approval. If there is space available and the extra care is approved, you will be charged according to fees noted on the “additional hours of daycare” form. On days when day care is open but no EI is provided per Blossom Philadelphia calendar, non-EIP day rates will apply for EI children. Additional time will be charged on your monthly bill.
- Blossom Philadelphia reserves the right to terminate care if payment is over one month late.
- Families will be given the opportunity to change their schedule or withdraw from day care services for the summer (July 1 to August 31). However, these changes must be in writing and received by the Education Coordinator by June 21st. If children are withdrawing in the summer and returning in the fall, a non-refundable deposit of the cost of one week of childcare must be received prior to July 1, with a written commitment as to the fall schedule. This deposit will be credited as September’s tuition upon return.
- The center reserves the right to require the withdrawal of any student who poses a threat to the staff or other children enrolled in the program, or who willfully disregards school policy or recommendations. Should a child be asked to withdraw, the parent releases and holds harmless from any and actions from such withdrawal, Blossom Philadelphia, its employees, agents and representatives.
- The center also reserves the right to deny daycare services to any child whose care cannot be safely provided within the constraints of the Department of Welfare’s mandated ratios.
- NO one under the age of 16 will be permitted to pick up a child, under any circumstances.
- Only those adults (over 16) indicated on your application will be permitted to pick up your child. If staff members are unfamiliar with any adult, even those indicated on your child’s application, identification will be asked for and must be produced. In the event of an emergency where a different individual who is not listed on your child’s application must pick up your child, you must call the office and give us the name of the person prior to pick up time. Again identification will be checked for anyone unfamiliar to our staff. No one under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be permitted to pick up a child from our care.
CHILD CARE INFORMATION SERVICES (CCIS) REQUIREMENTS
As of July 1, 2012 The Department of Public Welfare has made changes to the subsidized child care regulation that Blossom Philadelphia Best Friends must follow. Below is an explanation of the changes that could affect you.
- Parent/Caregiver are required to pay an equivalent advance co-payment to Blossom Philadelphia Best Friends which will be refunded to the parent upon termination of the child’s enrollment.
- If a child is absent from child care for five consecutive days, Blossom Philadelphia Best Friends must notify CCIS. The child will become ineligible for subsidized child care and the Child Care Information Services (CCIS) agency will send an Adverse Action notice to the parent/caretaker. If the child does not return to child care within the 13 days covered by the notice, subsidized child care will end.
- If a child is absent on the first day of scheduled care, payment will begin on the first day the child attends. If the child attends on any day the first week, the parent/caretaker is required to pay the co-payment for that week.
- The CCIS will only pay for a maximum of 25 absences, for each child, during the State’s fiscal year. The State Fiscal Year begins on July 1st of one year and ends June 30th of the following year. If a child has more than 25 absences from child care, the parent/caretaker is required to pay Blossom Philadelphia Best Friends daily rate for each day of absence starting with the 26th absence, in addition to the weekly co-payment. Suspended days are not considered days of absence.
- Co-payment is considered delinquent if it is not paid by the last day of the service week. Blossom Philadelphia Best Friends is mandated to report a delinquent co-payment to CCIS on the business day following the day the co-payment becomes delinquent.
Child’s Name: __________________________________________________ DOB:________________________
Date of Admission/Effective Date: __________________________________ Classroom:____________________
Registration Fee: $______________ Date Paid: ________________ Monthly Tuition: $_________________
_______________________________________ ____________ ________________________________________________ Parent/Guardian Signature Date Director, Children’s Services